The Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) course allows PADI assistant instructors and instructors from other training agencies to become PADI instructors. During the course, candidates will further develop their teaching abilities, introduce the PADI educational system and prepare candidates to teach in the real world. This course allows certified instructors from other agencies to crossover to PADI, making them more marketable and allowing them to find jobs easier since there are more PADI dive center and resorts than any other training agency.
Once successfully complete, the OWSI candidates will have to attend the PADI 2-day instructor examination.
As a PADI instructor you will be able to teach a variety of classes, from discover scuba diving all the way to Divemaster, peak performance buoyancy specialty, project aware specialty and much more, gaining the ability to show people the wonders of the underwater world!
The PADI instructor rating will set you apart from other agency.
- PADI Assistant Instructor or qualifying instructor certification from another training organization.
- Been a certified diver for at least 6 months.
- PADI diver’s medical signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- Minimum 60 logged dives to enroll on the OWSI
- Minimum 100 logged dives to enroll on to the IE.
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care (or equivalent) within 24 months.
- Proof of experience in night, deep and navigation diving.
- Pre-study course manuals.
- Have good diving and buoyancy skills.
- Be able to snorkel 800 meters.